Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Product Alert!

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year! For my first post of 2014, I had to bring a new product to your attention. Last night, as I was browsing through the What's New section on Sephora's website, I came across the new HD Blush line from MakeupForEver. These are different from the HD Microfinish Blush range that came in a pump bottle, as these come in a compact and advertised as providing, "the second skin look of a cream with the ease of a powder." Also, I think they might actually be replacing the previous HD blushes as all shades from the previous line are listed as out of stock on Sephora. The reason why I had to post about it as soon as possible, was because I think the shade range would work fantastically on people of color. Now I haven't had the chance to swatch or test out any of these shades, so I can't comment on the formula, longevity etc., but the diversity of shades is what really impressed me. The line does include the typically peachy pink and coral blushes but they have some deeper mauve/rose/red/berry based shades that would complement deeper skin tones beautifully, without looking clownish or neon. I'm really glad to see companies including people of color when designing their makeup products, and fingers crossed that the formula is as impressive. If I do get the chance to swatch some of the shades, I'll definitely post up pictures.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment